Designed and built for personal text journaling and activity tracking on elementary OS.
- Write a diary, log your activities, keep track of your metrics.
- Search, filter and evaluate your journal—your life.
Features & Screenshots
- Backup and restore your journal to and from a JSON file
The JSON shape is intended to be compatible to the backup/ restore shape from ZenJournal. HOWEVER in the more recent version(s?) of ZenJournal the JSON shape changed and also got wrapped into a gzip archive (
assets/log.json along w/ any embedded image assets)—I'm currently working on supporting both shapes, the legacy JSON and gzipped JSON. So stay tuned for an udpate.
Trimir Journal not created by, affiliated with, or supported by ZenJournal. I just happen to be a VERY satisfied ZenJournal user 😀️.
- Write expressive journal entries with emoijs, organized with hashtags, i.e.
"#linux rocks 😎️"
- Search your journal
- Filter your journal by hashtag
- Render timeline charts when filtering for "metric tags", i.e. a hashtag followed by a number with optional unit (e.g.
- System requirements: Elementary OS 6 (Odin)
- For developers: source code (GPL-3.0 License), building and installation: https://github.com/matthiasjg/trimirjournal